It’s the first day of school here at the Ehmann household, and my family (with their very fancy tastes for gourmet foods) has requested tuna noodle casserole for dinner. That, I think I can do — and tonight I’m livening it up a bit with the help of my good friend Mrs. D!
Here’s the scoop:
Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
1 bag wide egg noodles
2 cans tuna (I use white albacore)
1/2C grated parmesan cheese (I buy the ready-grated from Trader Joe’s)
1/2C grated cheddar cheese
2T Mrs. Dash original seasoning
Go to it:
1. Boil egg noodles according to package directions: drain.
2. While noodles are boiling, melt butter in heavy saucepan. Slowly add flour over medium heat, stirring all the while. Then slowly add milk while whisking, to make a roux. When liquid is smooth, let cook for a few minutes (keep stirring) and add most of the cheese (reserve some for the top). Stir until all gooey and lovely. If it gets too thick, you can turn up the heat A TAD and add more milk, a little at a time, to smooth it out. Add Mrs. Dash.
3. Drain tuna and add to cheesey goodness. Mix it all together with the noodles and stir until evenly coated and yummy. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Pour into greased casserole dish and bake covered in tinfoil at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, removing the tinfoil for the last five minutes.
5. Serve with a side of broccoli and fresh bread, and chow down!
P.S. Want more fab Mrs. Dash low-sodium recipes? Pop over here!
P.P.S. Disclosure: Monetary compensation has been received in exchange for promotional consideration. For more information please see the Mrs. Dash/TwitterMoms ambassador program.Tweet